We may not be able to get Woollies basic box in our area, however thank goodness for local IGA’s. All of them have things in place for home delivery and pick up for customers who are unable to get to the store. Rosemary has contacted Kingaroy and options are as follows:
- Woollies Kingaroy is now back online for Click and Collect and
- IGA – Kingaroy – will deliver to the door in Kingaroy itself for $4, this is new. They will also take orders via email and then ring you when they are ready, then you pay over the phone with a credit card and pick up from the back dock. I rang back to get the email address and they couldn’t advise me of it. I would suggest giving them a call in the mornings to speak to someone as she advised that the people that handle that had gone home.
Contact number is 4162 3622
Murgon, Nanango and Wondai IGA have the following options:
- Murgon IGA – email email@example.com as early as possible in the day. Orders can be taken Monday to Friday.
- Please include in your email – name, address, phone number and payment method, if paying by credit card you will get a phone call from head office to process the payment ensuring no details are kept at local store.
- Goods will be delivered the next day by 1 pm (not on weekends). Delivery in the town area cost is $5 to your door.
- Car park pick up is possible if you live out of town and need to be minimising contact. Store needs to know this prior in order to organise manual eftpos etc. to process payment.
- Manager has asked if possible please do not ring store preferred method is email, as they have minimal staff on registers due to requirements.
- I asked about options to Cherbourg, however as store do not have refrigerated truck, they are only able to deliver to town limits.
- Nanango IGA – have asked that you call the store on 4162 3622, option 6 before 10.30 a.m. to place order and it will be delivered in the afternoon on the same day.
- Delivery cost is $4 to within the town area, however discuss with the store to see if they can deliver to you if it is a bit further out
- Pay by credit card over the phone
- Delivering Monday – Friday
- BTW – they are only getting toilet paper minimal deliveries 3 times per week…..
- Wondai IGA – phone or email – 4168 5407 option office/deli, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Order Mon before 4pm for Tuesday delivery
- Or Wednesday before 4 pm before Thursday delivery
- No charge for delivery in the town area
- Advise staff if coming from out of town and it can be ready for you to collect
- Pay over the phone by credit card or advise staff if paying by cash and denomination and they will bring appropriate change.
This may help some of our clients and other vulnerable people to have a consistent food supply.