Q2032 – Ready, set, go!
Helping Queensland businesses get match-fit for Brisbane 2032
The Queensland Government today released a three-step ‘Ready, set, go!’ game plan to help Queensland businesses get ‘match fit’ to supply to the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Q2032 Procurement Strategy (Q2032) aims to help businesses win contracts to supply to the Queensland Government, other suppliers and the world market before, during and after the Games.
Brisbane 2032 is Queensland’s greatest single economic event with an estimated $180 billion in procurement opportunities to 2032. The successful Buy Queensland approach will ensure the economic benefits of hosting the Games are maximised and shared among Queenslanders.
By getting your business match-fit, you can not only bid for Brisbane 2032 contracts but also for broader Queensland Government and local, interstate and overseas contracts.
Under the Q2032, the Queensland Government will help you to get:
- Develop the MyGamesPlan tool
- Publish and implement the Queensland 2032 Small Business Procurement Action Plan
- Appoint a Q2032 Small Business Procurement Advisor
- Publish the Queensland Government Forward Procurement Pipeline incorporating Games related-opportunities
- Build on the Small Business Friendly Program
- Publish guidance on certifications and qualifications supporting Climate Positive supply
- Through the Buy Queensland approach and the Queensland Indigenous Procurement Policy Review, establish settings to prioritise procurement with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander businesses
- Publish an annual Q2032 Procurement Update
- Establish the Q2032 Industry Advisory Group
- Deliver regional Q2032 Roadshows
- Build collaboration across supply chains
- Publish Games-related open tenders on a new QTenders platform
- Profile local suppliers at international events
- Deliver the Go Global Export Program
- Deliver the New Markets Program.
Start your training now for Brisbane 2032 by:
- Checking out the Business Queensland website for details about how to supply to the Queensland Government.
- Registering for QTenders, the Queensland Government’s single tendering website. Check for local government procurement opportunities at Local Buy and Australian Government opportunities at Austender.
- Participating in business information sessions on tendering for government.
- Developing a business capability statement that outlines the technical skills, competencies and experience that positions your business above others.
- Taking the ‘Fit to supply’ quiz to find out if your business is ready to develop and deliver tender contracts to the Queensland Government.
We welcome your feedback
We will send you more ideas for getting ‘match-fit’ as they become available. In the meantime, if there is something you’d like to see in a future edition of this newsletter, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.