As you know, one of the gaps in the NDIS is the number of services that are available and there is also a big gap in culturally appropriate services.
CSIA have three indigenous business consulting firms delivering business start-up/help sessions this month all over Queensland. They are specifically for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Would appreciate your help in getting the word out about these free workshops, hoping you can share the invitation with networks, community and/or community leaders.
The NDIS Business Development workshops are suitable for people who may:
- Already be caring for or providing support to family or friends
- Have a business idea that could be used by an NDIS participant
- Be interested to know more about starting a business
And, those that:
- Want to start a business that serves NDIS customers
- Want to add NDIS services on to their existing business
- Are delivering NDIS services but want to understand the business side of things.
We have a few resources that could be useful to get the word out.
- The general flyer and online flyers attached
- Individual session flyers that are available for download here: https://csialtd.com.au/ndis-business-development-seminar-resources/
- Link to the events registration pages https://csialtd.com.au/events/
Here is the quick view of when, where and how sessions are on offer.
Business Ready Seminars – one-day sessions running 9am to 4pm
Dream it up, Grow it up Seminars – one day seminar 9am to 4pm
Introduction to NDIS and small business – one-hour online session
Dream it up, Grow it up online seminars – 2.5 hour online sessions