The Palaszczuk Government values the strong contribution small business makes to Queensland.
Small business represents 97 per cent of all business in the state and employs 44 per cent of all private sector workers – that’s nearly a million Queenslanders.
In recognition of that importance, in our budget handed down today we delivered significant investment in small business.
Our $140 million Big Plans for Small Business policy will facilitate private investment in our small business sector, it includes:
- An initial $100 million Business Investment Fund with a focus on small businesses with significant potential for growth and job creation.
- $30 million of investment to increase skills and capability with a focus on small business grants in priority industry sectors, and
- $10 million of investment to make it easier to do business including:
- Permanent Small Business Commissioner
- Reinvigorating the Small Business Advisory Council.
For your convenience I’ve attached the small business media release – and you can also find more information about this year’s Budget at www.budget.qld.gov.au
I look forward to working with you as we roll out these programs to continue our support for the small business sector as well as develop our skilled workforce.