The Greater Brisbane region is now in the midst of lockdown, with a review on restrictions to take place on Wednesday night.
The Queensland Government website has been updated with some additional information to reflect the current situation.
New health directives have been released, with specific details regarding business activities.
Restrictions for Impacted Areas (Greater Brisbane region)
- Anyone in the Greater Brisbane region from 8.00am on the 20th March is subject to stay at home except for essential reasons.
- A complete list of non-essential businesses are outlined, along with exceptions.
- Masks must be carried at all times outside of your home, and worn on public transport, taxis/ubers, indoor spaces and any outdoor spaces where social distancing is not possible.
- Weddings are limited to 10 people, funerals are limited to 20 people.
For a full list of frequently asked questions for the impacted Greater Brisbane region, click here.
- Gatherings are limited to 30 people indoors, and 500 people outdoors.
- Funerals and weddings can continue to take place with the current restrictions (one person per 2 square metres, or 200 people, whichever is greater), but masks must be worn.
- Masks must be carried at all times outside of your home, and worn on public transport, taxis/rideshare, indoor spaces and any outdoor spaces where social distancing is not possible.
- Patrons at restaurants, bars etc must be seated. No standing or dancing is allowed.
This is a reminder to all businesses to ensure that they have the mandatory electronic contact tracing measures in place as required by Queensland Health.
For a full list of frequently asked questions for wider Queensland restrictions, click here.
Resources & Support For Employers
CCIQ has a range of policies available to your business including a business continuity policy; workplace hygiene policy; workplace health and safety policy and working from home policy which are free to download and can be accessed here.
Any Queensland business with questions or needing assistance in navigating their obligations due to these current restrictions can call CCIQ’s Employer Assistance Hotline on 1300 731 988.
For essential businesses who will continue operating, it is vital to have your COVIDSafe plans in place, you can find out more here.
For further COVID information as it relates to businesses, visit the Business Queensland website.