I urge you to read this information and find out what support is available for you, your family or business, from the Federal Government’s $189 billion stimulus package.
In summary, our $189 billion injection will provide:
- A new coronavirus payment of $550 a fortnight for eligible Australians
- A further $750 support payment to more than 5 million eligible Australians
- Instant asset write-off: Buy equipment and machinery valued up to $150,000 before 30 June 2020 and write it off your tax bill.
- Early access to superannuation for affected workers and sole-traders
- Halving the superannuation drawdown rate for retirees.
- Small business cash payments up to $100,000
- A 50% subsidy for apprentices or trainees wages, in effect from 1 January – 30 September 2020
- Guaranteeing loans for small business
- Increasing the insolvency and bankruptcy thresholds.
The Government is doing everything possible to increase the processing capacity of Centrelink. These are very challenging times and I plead with you to be patient. Click on the link below for more information on how you can most efficiently deal with any Centrelink claims.
Food production and supply chains will not be affected by coronavirus shutdowns because it’s an essential service. I am in constant dialogue with farming groups, the States, supermarkets and my department to work through the challenges and make sure we’re getting food on our tables. Click here for more information.
Queensland’s borders are now closed except for those who provide critical services. Freight and logistics for any goods into Queensland from interstate is still permitted. Click here for all the details.
Australia’s borders are now closed except for Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members. That means all people arriving into Australia are required to self-isolate for 14 days, either at home or in a hotel. Click here for more information.
Many family members and loved ones are finding it difficult to return to Australia because of border closures or flight cancellations. My office is here to assist and provide guidance. Click here for more details.
My office is always available if you need help or advice on coronavirus or any other matter. Please follow the advice of medical experts. Overcoming this pandemic depends on each of us playing our part.