Article courtesy of southburnett.com.au
The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry is surveying its members about economic conditions in the town.
A survey was emailed to KCCI members by secretary Paula Greenwood on Friday.
She said the KCCI would like to gauge how Kingaroy businesses have performed with drought, economic trends, and streetscape issues over the past few years.
Businesses are being asked a series of questions:
- Has your business had a downturn over the past three years?
- What percentage is your downturn?
- What type/industry of business do you operate?
- Have your staff numbers increased or decreased and by how many?
- Your reason for any increase or decrease?
The KCCI has been pushing for a renewal of the Kingaroy CBD for some time.
Recently it asked its members to write letters of support in favour of the South Burnett Regional Council’s application for Federal funding to assist with a CBD “transformation”.
Results of the survey will be published on the KCCI website when they have been compiled.